Students in professor Robert Gutsche, Jr.’s Visual Storytelling course at FIU’s School of Journalism and Mass Communication are working on curating and digitizing research, journalism, art, and community storytelling about sea level rise and environmental change for the university’s digital library.
The students’ additions to the library’s collections related to sea level rise will allow researchers and citizens visualize and communicate issues related to environmental science in South Florida.
Items from eyesontherise.org include:
- Student-produced documentaries
- Details of the eyesontherise.org project funding and activities
- Videos of student rallies and public efforts to educate communities about sea level rise
- TV and print journalism related to environmental change due to sea level rise
- Innovative storytelling about science issues
Read more about the students’ effort here.